Do you have previous experience of running an SMT Line? Are you looking for a rewarding role with a well-established business?
Temporary - 3 to 6 months contract with an expectation of a permanent contract thereafter.
A successful and well-established Electronics Manufacturer are seeking an SMT Technician (Surface-Mount Technician) to join the team at their site in Loughborough. The company provide contract design and manufacturing services across a variety of industries and sectors including Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising the SMT Department, while no supervisory experience is necessary, a strong understanding of the operational requirements of running an SMT line would be highly beneficial. This is initially a temporary role with the possibility of becoming permanent.
• Supervise the SMT Department
• Operate and Program CAD Based SMT Machinery.
• Carry out Maintenance on SMT Machinery as required.
• Utilise both Pick & Place Machinery and Manual Techniques to populate SMT Assemblies.
• Train and supervise staff and ensure all work is carried out in accordance with relevant procedures, protocols, and regulations.
• Experience within a similar role, with a strong understanding of running an SMT Line
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Competent in Hand Soldering and the use of CAD Based SMT Machinery.
• Ideally a working knowledge of industry quality standards and regulations, such as ISO13485/9001 and IPC 610.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate either with supervisory experience, or for a Technician looking to progress into a supervisory role. Although initially temporary, there is a strong possibility of the role becoming permanent. In return you will benefit from a competitive remuneration and work alongside a talented team on varied , multi industry projects.
For more information or to apply, please contact Louis Williams.
If you feel this role is not right for you but are interested in other temp opportunities, have a look at our other temporary science jobs.Apply
A cover letter is an opportunity to make your application stand out from the crowd and to present any relevant application details that may not be present in your CV.See Details
We understand the importance of competencies and the part they play in job interviews. This is why we have put together a blog post on competencies and competency based questions.See Details
Due to recent unprecedented circumstances, we have all had to find new ways to carry on with our work meetings. Here are our top video conferencing software choices.See Details