For over 30 years our client has been a leading supplier of medical consumables into the hospital sector, including endoscopy and operating theatre products and they are now looking to appoint a Senior Buyer.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer based in their Southern office working across all of their specialist medical device divisions. Due to the evolution of the role, an opening within the leadership team has been developed.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the following:
1) Liaise and negotiate with suppliers.
2) Develop and negotiate agreements.
3) Support and lead the development and execution of planning strategies based on re-order points, min / max inventory, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), lot sizing policies and defined supply strategies in order to meet forecast, inventory and customer satisfaction objectives.
4) Facilitate changes necessary to organize and maintain efficient process controls, within the requirements of the quality management system.
5) Maintain purchase order accuracy (quantities, pricing, ship dates, delivery dates, payment terms)
6) Contribute to daily communication on status and resolution of back order items.
7) Manage performance of suppliers; communicating expectations, metrics, and supporting / leading performance and continuous improvement efforts to minimize total cost of ownership
8) Initiate and / or support Corrective Action / Preventive Action (CAPA) for any nonconformities relating to product, processes, or the quality system.
9) Participate in supplier audits and supplier visits.
Key Skills Required:
1) Bachelors, or similar, degree in business administration.
2) CIPS or CILT certification desired.
3) Preferred 5 years or more of related work experience
4) Preferred experience in the medical industry and with ISO quality systems (ISO 13485 preferred)
5) Proficient with ERP / MRP systems and MS Office applications. Experience with Exchequer and / or Microsoft Great Plains ERP systems a plus.
6) Capable of managing complicated and difficult supplier relationships and performance issues
7) Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to influence thought
8) Organized and detail oriented.
In return, you will be joining a global market leader committed to manufacturing and distributing the highest quality products who offer a positive employee focused culture, very competitive salary and benefits package including generous bonus, and excellent opportunities for career growth.
For more information or to apply, please contact Graham Fish at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply
A cover letter is an opportunity to make your application stand out from the crowd and to present any relevant application details that may not be present in your CV.See Details
We understand the importance of competencies and the part they play in job interviews. This is why we have put together a blog post on competencies and competency based questions.See Details
Due to recent unprecedented circumstances, we have all had to find new ways to carry on with our work meetings. Here are our top video conferencing software choices.See Details