For many years our client has been a leading supplier of medical consumables into the hospital sector, including endoscopy and operating theatre products
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer based in their High Wycombe office working across all of their specialist medical device divisions. Due to the evolution of the role, an opening within the leadership team has been developed.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the following:
1) Liaise and negotiate with suppliers.
2) Develop and negotiate agreements.
3) A leader within the organization; functioning as a decision maker, participating in the strategic direction of the procurement team, UK business unit and globally; identifying performance gaps, and supporting personnel development and sustainable process and continuous improvement initiatives.
4) Facilitate changes necessary to organize and maintain efficient process controls, within the requirements of the quality management system.
5) Review, maintain and approve quality documents and records to ensure compliance with the quality requirements and current processes.
6) Initiate the NCMR process within the quality system.
7) Stop production or the processing of an order at any phase of the production or fulfilment process if a process or product is suspected or known to have an adverse effect on product or service quality.
8) Initiate and / or support Corrective Action / Preventive Action (CAPA) for any nonconformities relating to product, processes, or the quality system.
9) Participate in supplier audits and supplier visits.
Key Skills Required:
1 )Preferred experience in the medical industry and with ISO quality systems (ISO 13485 preferred)
2) Proficient with ERP / MRP systems and MS Office applications. Experience with Exchequer and / or Microsoft Great Plains ERP systems a plus.
3) Ability to identify risk and solve complex problems and establish sustainable process improvements to address the gaps
4) Strong communication skills both written and verbal
5) Self-starter with the ability to work independently
6) Organized and detail oriented
7) Customer service focus.
8)Ability to mentor and develop less experienced personnel
9) Some travel may be required
In return, you will be joining a global market leader committed to manufacturing and distributing the highest quality products who offer a positive employee focused culture, very competitive salary and benefits package including generous bonus, and excellent opportunities for career growth
For more information or to apply, please contact Graham Fish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel this role is not right for you but are interested in other medical device jobs, please take a look at our medical device jobs page.
We understand the importance of competencies and the part they play in job interviews. This is why we have put together a blog post on competencies and competency based questions.See Details
A cover letter is an opportunity to make your application stand out from the crowd and to present any relevant application details that may not be present in your CV.See Details
Due to recent unprecedented circumstances, we have all had to find new ways to carry on with our work meetings. Here are our top video conferencing software choices.See Details