We are working with a well-established, US based organisation, to identify and appoint a Customer Success Manager, to be based either in the Italy, France or Spain. The CSM will be responsible for circa 100 accounts within academia, valued at circa $6M.
- Manages an assigned book of business within the academic industry and solidifies relationships with existing clients via necessary sales and support visits, calls, emails and presentations with the expectation of creating, advancing, and closing revenue opportunities within an assigned territory.
- Must be able to effectively identify, communicate and work through customer problems, issues and opportunities.
- Anticipates and drives growth of additional services and coverage levels by conducting thorough needs assessments and matches these needs to the appropriate solutions.
- Cultivates relationships with the most senior buyer in the client organization as well as with day-to-day client representatives and buyers.
- Follows the established sales process and consistently utilizes the CRM to document prospect interaction, ensuring efficient lead management.
- Monitor customer dashboards, identify risks and take action where necessary to ensure optimal customer experience and product usage
- Create and document user success stories and communicate these to buyers.
- Understands the importance of timely follow up with customers, managers and staff making communication a top priority.
- Develop and maintain daily plans to maximize selling time, including pre-call planning, adhering to metrics and customized scripts based on opportunity type.
- Attend/present at trade shows, events and conferences 2. Builds and nurture a network of partners at multi-level in the universities and public research organisations in order to ensure and secure organisations presence in this market.
To be considered...
Minimum Education/Experience/Technological Knowledge
- Experience within the scientific information / data industry
- 7+ years of experience selling in the Academic and Public Research market
- Significant and relevant experience in initiating and developing relationship to multi-level stakeholders, influencers and decision-makers within the academic and public research landscape.
- Public Relations experience in the scientific research landscape is a plus.
- Able to work in English and at least 2 of the 3 following languages: French, Spanish, Italian.
- Easy at working in a large and matrix organization with transversal partners.
- Self-motivated, proactive, optimistic attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent persuasive presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship builder. Collaborative advocate for new ideas and new ways of doing business
- Track record of exceeding sales metrics and goals. Demonstrated negotiation and creative deal-making skills in the academic environment.
- Able to build deals and partnerships that go beyond simply proposing the biggest financial offer
- 50-60% International Travel time
For more information or to apply, please contact Graham Fish on 07903 197386 or alternatively send your CV, along with any relevant information, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.
If this job is not for you but you are interested in others, take a look at our other science sales jobs.
Back to Job Listings