Just a quick reminder for our clients regarding the new employment laws in effect this month, not that we would blame you for forgetting with everything going on at the moment!
Summary of changes:
- Minimum wage increases for 2020/21. For further information on these new rates, please visit the Government website.
- Holiday pay reference period for workers without fixed hours increases from 12 to 52 weeks.
- From 6 April, employers in the UK are required to provide more written information to new employees and workers and need to do so earlier, by their start date – previously you had 8 weeks to provide this information.
- Parental bereavement leave now ensures that parents have the right to 2 weeks' leave if they experience the death of a child under 18, or a stillbirth.
- Employers with more than 50 staff must inform and consult their employees before making any changes that affect them, if 2% of the workforce request it – this was previously 10%.