Technical Sales Specialist (Laboratory Capital Equipment)
North West England
Salary – from £25,000 DOE + Bonus + Benefits
Are you an experienced laboratory sales professional, bored and looking to re-energise your career with an exciting, global organisation? Are you a charismatic chemist, fed up with the lab and itching to enter the world of scientific sales? Maybe you sell consumables to the scientific industry, fed up of being tied to a desk and bubbling to get out of the office, meet actual people and sell technical capital equipment? Do you want to be part of a company with an excellent reputation for providing high-precision products for chemical analysis? Whatever your reason, if you have a scientific education and can illustrate a high degree of self-motivation, discipline and self-efficiency, along with the ability to create and maintain long-term business relationships, I need to hear from you!
My client is looking to recruit a Technical Sales Specialist to represent their business across the North of England and Midlands. As a leading provider of state of the art laboratory instrumentation across Europe and the UK, this presents an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious international business spanning a wide variety of market sectors and maintaining a unique portfolio of products, including;
- Elemental (Sulphur, Nitrogen, Halogen and Chlorine) Analysers
- Mercury testing equipment
- Karl Fischer & Auto-Titration
- Automated Analysers for water, wastewater and soil analysis
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analysers
- Ion Chromatography Analysers
As a key member of the UK Sales team, you will be responsible for the development of business with both new and existing clients within the pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical and environmental markets. You will be fully informed of the technical specifications of each product in order to review the client’s requirements and provide advice on the correct analytical instrumentation. The role works closely with the Service Support team for installations, commissioning and maintenance.
The ideal candidate would need to be able to demonstrate the following aptitudes:
- Identify and target potential new clients in addition to identifying new areas of business with existing clients
- Be able to understand technical information and products and be able to communicate this to customers
- Be driven to achieve company, team and personal sales targets
- Be able to build and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Communicate effectively, both written and orally
- Possess a current driving licence is essential for this position
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a chemistry related subject. Previous experience of working within a laboratory environment is desirable but not essential, as full product training will be given as will continual professional development throughout your career.
For more information or to apply, please contact Zara Jackson on 01423 813520 or alternatively send your CV, along with any relevant information, to email@example.com.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.