Team Leader: Allergens
Location – Gloucestershire
Salary – DOE
Are you looking for an opportunity as a Team Leader in a leading food testing company? Do you have experience in managing staff? Do you have passion for food chemistry and enjoy a challenge?
My client is looking for a Team Leader to manage their existing team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right calibre of individual with experience or wanting the next step of their career.
To lead and manage activities in the area of food allergens in the Biochemistry section to deliver an efficient, high quality testing service, a source of advice, consultancy and training to clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of scientific and technical work relating to food allergens in the Biochemistry Section, including routine analysis of samples, new method development to ISO17025 standard. (30%)
- Management of and liaison with clients in the area of food allergens in the Biochemistry Section, including answering technical enquiries from clients and colleagues and the provision of consultancy (20%)
- Event management and the delivery of external/internal training courses on food allergens in the Biochemistry Section including liaison with staff from other sections and departments (10%)
- Lead and manage the development of staff, as required, in the area of food allergens in the Biochemistry Section (5%).
- Lead the development of new business in the area of food allergens in the Biochemistry Section (10%)
- Financial management of projects in the area of food allergens in the Biochemistry Section (5%)
- Manage and take responsibility for all aspects of Quality associated with food allergen testing (10%)
- Maintain up to date knowledge of scientific and technical issues concerning food allergen testing and its application for operational support (10%)
- To support the Section manager in the promotion of the activities of the Biochemistry Section.
- Adopt safe working practices so as not to endanger yourself or other persons.
- Familiarity with BMS documentation & implementation of relevant policies and procedures in your work.
- Perform any other duty that may be reasonably requested by your line manager, HOD or Director.
Qualifications and Competencies
- PhD/Degree/ or professional qualification in a relevant area of science & technology
- At least 3 years experience of food allergen management controls and testing specifically using ELISA, DNA based or mass spectrometry techniques
- Working knowledge and experience of Quality Management systems such as ISO9000 and particularly ISO17025
- Experience of project and resource management
- Verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-specialist audiences
- Proficient in use of WORD, Excel, Powerpoint and LIMS databases
- Ability to manage a small team
For more information or to apply, please contact Steve Evans at Network Scientific and send your CV along with a cover letter, including your salary requirements.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work within the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.