Senior Scientific Officer - Biologics
Salary circa £36K, Permanent Position, Hertfordshire
Are you looking to play a pivotal role in a Biotechnology/Biopharmaceutical company with a specific focus on downstream processing? Do you want to work for one of the largest companies specialising in the development and manufacture of biological anticancer agents? Are you experienced in the manufacture of a diverse range of products including; monoclonal antibodies, cell therapy, recombinant proteins, viral vectors and/or cell therapy products?
Our client, one of the country’s most prestigious research institutions, are looking to recruit a Senior Scientific Officer to support their research and manufacturing solutions for novel biological agents. This represents an excellent opportunity for the right calibre of individual to enhance their career in the scientific research and manufacturing industry. The role also offers a great deal of satisfaction and fulfilment both professionally and personally.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supervision and delivery of either downstream or upstream processing within a GMP regulated environment.
- Taking a leading role in development, scale-up and manufacture of upstream and/or downstream processing of monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, DNA or viral vectors.
- Daily maintenance, operation and validation of facility and equipment.
- Operation and validation of the sterilisation/de‑pyrogenation processes.
- Close liaison with other departments to ensure realistic project schedules are projected and adhered to.
- Develop and produce process descriptions and reports to support product specification files and batch manufacturing records.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience and knowledge in a upstream and/or downstream processing with the ability to develop novel biological products. You will have a great understanding of GMP and its application to the Biotechnology industry with experience in sterile processing. In addition, you will have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of one or more of the following product types; monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, DNA, viral vectors or cell therapy products. A “can do” attitude is essential as is the ability to show resilience and flexibility to contribute to innovative problem solving. Experience of writing clear manufacturing instructions would be a distinct advantage.
In return, our client offers a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, flexible pension scheme, childcare vouchers and a host of additional benefits.
For more information or to apply, please contact Anthony Mullin on 07985 229817 or 0203 4685781. Alternatively send your CV along with a detailed cover letter, including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply directly through our website www.networkscientificrecruitment.co.uk.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.