Senior Research Technician (Agro-chemical Product Development)
Salary circa £30k DOE, Permanent Position, Hampshire.
Do you want to work for a leading player in scientific research and development? Are you looking to play a pivotal role, within an experienced team specialising in developing new products in the agrochemical sector? Can you offer additional technical attributes gleaned from a career that spans, pharma or cosmetics as well as environmental? Are you confident in discussion your research and results with your peers, managers and end clients?
My Client, a global research and development organisation committed to science and technology for the greater good, has enjoyed a sustained period of substantial growth. Expert in providing advice on the fate and behaviour of chemicals in the environment, my client is looking to appoint a Senior Formulation Development Chemist to strengthen and enhance the existing capabilities of their experienced team.
The successful candidate will join a small, friendly and professional team to provide a specialist capability in the design, development, formulation and testing of a wide range of products.
- A good understanding of and moderate practical experience in product development which would be ideally in agro-chemical / crop protection formulation, although experience with paints, cosmetics, detergents, surfactants and possibly pharmaceutical sectors
- Be an effective communicator, able to represent the company to the end client
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, with a view to identify new IP target opportunities
- Ability to develop new products from 1st principle through to small scale-up
- A proven track record of developing a range of formulation types and solving formulation stability problems
- Experience should preferably include techniques for preparing e.g. suspensions, emulsions, granules, solutions & microcapsules, encapsulation and methods for characterising these products, including storage stability testing
- GLP experience an advantage, but not essential, as training will be provided
- Outstanding team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure, delivering quality work within agreed time & resource utilisation targets
- Qualified to at least BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or a similar scientific discipline
In response, you will be given an opportunity to join a world-leading organisation whose values in respect and trust, agility, integrity, courage and accountability shine through each of their staff and the business every day. In addition, this position offers a very generous package including a substantial salary and an attractive set of benefits including; stakeholder pension and private health care.
For more information or to apply, please contact Anthony Mullin on 0203 4685781 / 07985 229817, or alternatively send your CV along with a cover letter detailing your salary requirements to Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.