Senior Formulation Development Chemist
Salary circa £40k DOE, Permanent Position, Hampshire.
Are you looking to play a pivotal role, within an experienced team, involved in environmental fate research? Have you a proven track record in the development and formulation of AG, SP, AG and WG products, related to crop studies? Can you offer additional technical attributes gleaned from a career that spans agrochemical, crops, cosmetics, detergents or paints, as well as environmental? Are you able to negotiate contracts, deliver new BD opportunities and manage client relationships in a fast-paced environment?
My Client, a global research and development organisation committed to science and technology for the greater good, has enjoyed a sustained period of substantial growth. Expert in providing advice on the fate and behaviour of chemicals in the environment, my client is looking to appoint a Senior Formulation Development Chemist to strengthen and enhance the existing capabilities of their experienced team.
The successful candidate will join a small, friendly and professional team to provide a specialist capability in the design, development, formulation and testing of a wide range of products.
- Demonstrable and broad practical experience in product development which would be ideally in aggro-chemical / crop protection formulation, although experience with paints, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, detergents, surfactants or equivalents may also be appropriate
- Be an experienced client facing company representative with a track record of developing new business and negotiating contracts
- Working for multiple clients with a view to developing new IP opportunities
- Ability to develop new products from 1st principle through to small scale-up
- A proven track record of developing a range of formulation types and solving formulation stability problems
- Able to manage projects, act as a Study Director for regulatory studies and interact with customers in a professional & positive manner
- Experience should preferably include techniques for preparing e.g. suspensions, emulsions, granules, solutions & microcapsules and methods for characterising these products, including storage stability testing
- GLP experience an advantage, but not essential, as training will be provided
- Outstanding team working skills
- Ability to work under pressure, delivering quality work within agreed time & resource utilisation targets
- Qualified to at least BSc or equivalent in Chemistry or a similar scientific discipline
In response, you will be given an opportunity to join a world-leading organisation whose values in respect and trust, agility, integrity, courage and accountability shine through each of their staff and the business every day. In addition, this position offers a very generous package including a substantial salary and an attractive set of benefits including; stakeholder pension and private health care.
For more information or to apply, please contact Anthony Mullin on 0203 4685781 / 07985 229817, or alternatively send your CV along with a cover letter detailing your salary requirements to Anthony.email@example.com.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.