Scientific Officer - Biotherapeutics
Salary £24-£26K, Permanent Position, Hertfordshire
Are you a self-motivated and sharp minded individual with a passion to work within an innovative biomanufacturing unit to deliver novel biologics oncology drugs for early phase clinical trials? Are you a scientist looking for an opportunity to expand your knowledge and develop skills in the rapidly advancing field of new cancer therapies?
Our client, one of the country’s most prestigious research institutions, is looking to appoint a driven and self-motivated individual to support their Biotherapeutics research and manufacturing team. This represents an excellent opportunity for the right calibre of individual to enhance their career in the scientific research, manufacturing and clinical trials sectors. Operating from within a purpose-built manufacturing facility, the unit is licensed by the MHRA to develop and manufacture biological anticancer agents for use in early phase clinical trials and is a state of the art facility.
This post offers an exciting opportunity to work as part of a multi-functional team to develop and supply novel oncology drug products to clinical trials. You will gain insight into clinical drug development at the forefront of science in return for your expertise and skill to develop high quality drug product candidates. We are therefore recruiting an individual to help us bring novel therapies to cancer patients sooner.
The primary objectives for this role include:
- Assist on the development, scale-up and GMP manufacture of biologics investigational medicinal products
- Support the validation and performance of aseptic fill / finish processes
- Provide technical expertise in finding biomanufacturing solutions for a broad range of product types from monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, viral vectors and plasmid DNA
- Support the maintenance, operation and validation of production facility an equipment
- Generate high quality technical documentation, as well as required GMP documentation and support regulatory filing
- Assist other members of staff and support production manager in operational planning and scheduling of manufacturing campaigns
- Work within a quality management system to ensure timely investigations and closures of deviation, faults and audit findings and ensure regular review of CAPAs
Ideally, we would like you to be able to demonstrate the following competencies and experience:
- Knowledge in designing efficient biologics cell culture and/or purification processes
- Experience with cell culture technology and operation of bioreactors
- Team working spirit through development and manufacturing campaigns
- Experience with scale up of biologics manufacturing processes
- Excellent documentation and planning skills
- Working in a quality management system under GMP
- Good understanding of protein / antibody analytical and characterisation methods
- Experience with FMEA tools for performing process risk assessments
You’ll need the ability to work closely with teams across the various functions in process development, manufacturing and quality control to find solutions in often challenging situations. If you love drug development, particularly in oncology, this is a fantastic place to be.
For more information or to apply, please contact Anthony Mullin on 07985 229817 or 02034685781. Alternatively send your CV along with a detailed cover letter, including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply directly through our website www.networkscientificrecruitment.co.uk.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.