Salary £Negotiable (DOE), Permanent Position, Cambridgeshire
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity within a fast paced, demanding cGMP environment? Do you have a broad understanding of cGMP regulations and pharmacopoeia? Have you prior laboratory management experience?
Our client, a leading provider of GLP, GCP and GMP analysis for the pharmaceutical and speciality chemical industries, is looking to recruit a Project Manager to work within their expanding team in Cambridgeshire.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right calibre of individual to enhance their career in the scientific industry. The key responsibility for this post will be to perform the role and responsibilities of Project Manager within the laboratory setting. To be effective in this you would need to be the primary liaison with the client for the entire duration of the project and beyond, to support sales objectives, deliver timely, high quality, value added projects, define technical scope of projects and work in close consultation with all parties on pricing, quotation development and delivery commitment
Additional expected activities will include:
- Provide a primary point of contact for all assigned clients regarding project organisation and administration, project progress in relation to pre-agreed milestones, reporting requirements and technical detail as appropriate
- Ensure that project deliverables are established with the client and facilitate project set up including preparation of the project plan, protocol writing and review and assessment of any equipment/consumable requirements
- Have an understanding of the background to each project, details on the intended purpose of the drug as well as an oversight as to where the analysis requested fits in the overall client drug development program
- Work with all team members to resolve technical and contractual issues raised both internally and externally during the course of the project
- Offer strategic oversight of resources required and available within operational teams and advise the Laboratory Manager when additional resources will be needed
- Monitor in-process activities and keep the Lab Manager informed on a regular basis to include as a minimum the following metrics
- Test and report turnaround times, ensure on-time delivery
- Act as Responsible Individual for analytical projects undertaken by the Company as necessary
- Maintain a working knowledge of global updates to cGMP regulations and pharmacopoeia and, in conjunction with the Lab Management
In addition to this, the successful incumbent will also be responsible for the following areas:
- Ensure that client representatives for live projects are contacted on a regular basis, typically weekly, with full status updates
- Where possible, all communication will be responded to within one working day
- Will facilitate the management of data transfer from the testing site to the client site using agreed methods; Sharepoint, e-mail, hardcopy reports etc
- Provide regular updates on project status to Laboratory Management in a format fit for presentation at senior organisational meetings
- Communicate with staff at all levels within the Company, effectively
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to evidence the following competencies:
- Degree in Science, preferably Chemistry
- Possess a broad understanding of cGMP regulations and pharmacopoeia with prior laboratory management experience
- Project management and technical leadership for projects supporting customer programmes operating across a wide range of market segments. A large proportion of these customer programmes lie within a heavily regulated environment and therefore previous knowledge and experience of cGMP Project Management are essential. A proven track record of effective and efficient project delivery is also essential.
- The ability to devise, price and carry out a programme of work containing both long and short-term goals, interpret results and suggest new areas of work in order to meet agreed targets
- Effective time and work management
- Full understanding and enforcement of relevant quality procedures
- Ability to extend knowledge to meet specific research areas
- Sound scientific method development and problem solving skills
- Leadership, supervisory and coaching skills
- Communication and customer care skills
- Required Competencies
For more information or to apply, please contact Anthony Mullin on 07985 229817 or 0203 4685781. Alternatively send your CV along with a cover letter, including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work within the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.