Production Development Technician
Location – Huddersfield
Salary – Competitive package including pension and performance based incentives.
Are you looking to work with a forward-thinking and innovative company? Do you have experience working in the manufacturing or production environment, preferably in an R&D role with experience of prototype assembly? Are you interested in designing and developing new products for a high tech company specialising in piezoelectric and ultrasonic devices? Are you looking to work for a company that values its staff’s contribution and is keen to promote continuous development within the company?
Our client specialises in high performance, extreme environment piezoelectric devices and materials, offering a range of sensors, actuators and transducer devices based on its novel piezoelectric materials, with applications in areas such as non-destructive testing/evaluation (NDT/E) condition monitoring and flow measurement in demanding environments. They have developed a novel range of high temperature piezoelectric materials, which can operate in extreme environments in excess of 400°C and opening up a range of high temperature applications.
Due to expansion our client is currently looking to recruit a Product Development Technician who will be a key contributor the research and development team. You will work closely with all departments of the company to design and develop new ultrasonic products to bring to the market.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Design and create, with critical thinking, assemblies and drawings new rigs and components that fit the specification of the product to be developed.
- Communicate with suppliers and equipment manufacturers to manufacture prototype parts, discuss applications, resolve issues and ensure product requirements are met.
- Assemble and test components in the laboratory under the direction of the Devices Management Team.
- Contribute to electronic, mechanical and materials design of the devices.
- Provide feedback of manufacturing techniques, assembly, and applicability to designs.
- Contribute to developing documentation, maintaining equipment logs and activity history.
- Responsible and accountable for working under the requirements of the Company quality assurance and health and safety policy.
- Report writing of analysis and project work undertaken.
The ideal candidate will be educated in a scientific, technical or engineering discipline with experience working in industry with Solidworks 3D CAD package to BS8888 standards, producing concepts, drawings and bill of materials. Additional experience of Solidworks PDM would be a distinct advantage. You will have proven experience within a development, production or manufacturing environment. You will be capable of working to and delivering engineering drawings, sketches, or written instructions.
This is a great opportunity for the right calibre of candidate to join a small and rapidly expanding company to make a real difference to the research and development team.
For more information or to apply, please contact Dawn Alderman on 01423 813520 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.