Pharmaceutical Development Manager
Location – Yorkshire
Salary – Competitive and negotiable dependent on experience
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding management position in the field of pharmaceutical development? Looking to work for a specialist and innovative pharmaceutical products business? Are you a natural leader wanting the autonomy to grow and develop your own team with relative autonomy?
Our client, a highly successful, international pharmaceutical company, is looking to recruit a Pharmaceutical Development Manager to lead their product development team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Director of Product Development and will be responsible for the supervision and development of this small team. Key duties will include; workplan management, performance reviews, team training and maintaining the business quality standards. Additionally, the post will involve the implementation of formulation and process development strategies across company drug pipeline initiatives, including; troubleshooting, drug product validation and technology transfers.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Monitoring of laboratory performance to improve operational and financial efficiencies and developing any action plans to address identified deficiencies.
- Keep up-to-date with advances and technologies in the industry and apply to the role.
- Develop CMC information necessary to support each stage of new product development ensuring that CMC requirements do not become rate-limiting to the next stage of development and the registration goal.
- Process validation, validation documentation review, root cause analysis and risk assessments for all registration and process validation for R&D project aims and registration goals.
- Optimising and improving drug product manufacturing processes including; lab, engineering and registration batch scales.
- Assesses the viability of manufacturing processes and analytical technology identifying shortfalls and/or problem areas to formulate goals/milestones for development programs.
- Authors and/or provides critical review of technical protocols, product development reports, SOPs, batch records, deviation reports, and CMC sections for filings (e.g., ANDA, NDA, DMF, IND, CBE, PAS, etc).
- Manages relationships with internal and/or external labs that may be carrying out various development activities on company’s behalf.
The successful individual will have significant pharmaceutical development experience with proven, demonstrable leadership responsibility and skills. Strong organisational, problem-solving, and analytical skills are essential, with a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities. You will be passionate and enthusiastic and be able to demonstrate success working in a cross-functional team environment delivering multiple project deliverables.
For more information or to apply, please contact Zara Jackson on 01423 813520 or send your CV to email@example.com. You can also apply direct through our website, www.networkscientificrecruitment.co.uk.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency