Location – Huddersfield
Salary – Competitive package dependent on experience
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a rapidly expanding high-tech company? Do you have previous industrial experience working within a Manufacturing, Scientific or Engineering environment? Are you capable of managing your own time and working to strict deadlines within a team or independently? Do you want to work for a company that values its staff’s contribution in addition to providing plenty of career development opportunities?
Our client specialises in high performance, extreme environment piezoelectric devices and materials, offering a range of sensors, actuators and transducer devices based on its novel piezoelectric materials, with applications in areas such as non-destructive testing/evaluation (NDT/E) condition monitoring and flow measurement in demanding environments. They have developed novel range of high temperature piezoelectric materials, which can operate in extreme environments in excess of 400 °C and opening up a range of high temperature applications.
Our client is currently looking for a Manufacturing Technician who will be a key contributor to the operations team, which outputs new high temperature piezoelectric transducers. You will also work closely with the Device Development Team to implement manufacturing methods in order to satisfy client product requirements. Able to demonstrate relevant experience in assembly, testing, production or manufacturing, you should have an ability to work to deadlines with a flexible approach to the varied tasks required of the role.
- Work with the device development & manufacturing team to assemble and test ultrasonic devices (sensors, transducers) for use at high temperature and in other demanding environments, under the direction of the Devices Management Team.
- Employ knowledge of manufacturing assembly techniques, and able to work in a precise and exacting manner to ensure products are within tolerance and specification at all times.
- Contribute to developing construction and production methods and documentation, maintaining equipment logs and activity history.
- Responsible and accountable for working under the requirements of the Company quality assurance and health and safety policy.
- Communicate on task/program progress within the team.
- Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical engineering based education or equivalent to ONC level or higher in engineering and have completed a recognised apprenticeship in engineering or A-level or above in a scientific, technical or engineering discipline.
- Experience working within a Manufacturing/Scientific/Engineering environment, with practical and hands-on elements.
- Ability to manage time and work to strict deadlines as part of a team or independently.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working to engineering drawings, sketches, or written instructions.
- Computer literate, competent in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Desirable, but not mandatory qualities may include:
- Experience of development of leading edge products.
- Experience in high temperature/high pressure devices.
- Experience in CAD software.
- Experience in working within an ISO 9001 accredited or another regulated industry environment or equivalent.
- Experience in a high volume and bespoke low volume environment.
For more information or to apply, please contact Dawn Alderman on 01423 813520 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.