Laboratory Technician - Chromatography
Location - Gloucestershire
Salary – Negotiable dependent on experience
Would you like to work within a leading food and drink industry? Are you degree qualified or equivalent in chemistry, analytical chemistry or other scientific discipline? Do you have experience working within an accreditation scheme?
Our client, a leading food and drink company, is looking to recruit a Laboratory Technician in Chromatography to join their rapidly expanding team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all aspects of Quality are managed according to the companies standards.
- Performing method development activates under the direction of a senior analyst.
- Collecting data and producing reports.
- Carrying out administrative tasks relating to analytical work.
- Booking in of samples into LIMS systems.
- Calibration, maintenance and daily monitoring of lab equipment.
- Carrying out analysis of foodstuffs and materials relating to the food industry according to the clients instructions within an agreed timescale.
- Maintenance of UKAS accredited methods.
- Answering client enquiries regarding samples process and scheduling.
- Maintaining written logs and record with the laboratory which are shared with clients.
The ideal candidate will be IT literate especially in Microsoft Packages, a good communicator, organised and methodical with the ability to work in a small team with minimal supervision. Competent in both GC/MS and LC/MS analytical techniques in an accredited environment is essential. Flexibility to multitask and managing changing priorities is a distinct advantage.
For more information or to apply, please contact Steve Evans on 01423 813520 / 07951 670097 or alternatively send your CV along with a cover letter, including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work within the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.