Salary circa £50k, Permanent Post, Oxfordshire
Are you looking for a new and challenging career as a Hydrology Modeller within a small and innovative company? Do you want to work to develop new products and solutions for Earth Observation? Are you a self-starter and highly motived with proven ability to collaborate with other specialists? Are you educated to degree level with demonstrable experience building and a broad range of hydrology models?
Our client, a rapidly expanding specialist Earth Observation company, providing unique landscape intelligence platforms, is looking to recruit a Hydrology Modeller to join their experienced and established Data Science team. As “the” Hydrologist in the team, your role will be varied and provide expertise in the research and development area to design innovative data products within the area of hydrology.
Key responsibilities include:
- To design and develop data products
- Applying hydrological and statistical techniques to water resource modelling
- Modelling the relationship between rainfall, run off, and soil and rock features
- Studying the effects on flows by change in land use
- Develop and improve surface water models
- Model food risk for climate forecasts and changing land
- Assisting in the design and implementation of data collection and field trials
- Working with EO/GIS experts
- Defining data work flows ready for the implementation of software
Expected skills and experience:
- Scientific degree in relevant area, ideally with an MSc or PhD
- Experience of building and application over a broad range of hydrology models
- Knowledge of water catchment and network distribution management processes
- Experience with flood simulation tools
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Understanding of GIS, QGIS and ArcGIS
- Flexibility to transfer skills to other areas of the business
- Experience of implementing computer models e.g. R, C/C++, Visual Basic etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Experience of working with data from satellites, UAVs and meteorological stations
- Understanding of Earth Observation concepts, such as projections, formats and experience of relevant software tools such as Erdas imagine and ENVI
For more information or to apply, please contact Anthony Mullin on 07985 229817 or 0203 4685781. Alternatively send your CV along with a detailed cover letter, including your salary requirements, to email@example.com.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work within the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.