Engineering Laboratory Manager
Location – County Durham
Salary – Negotiable dependent on experience
Are you looking to play a leading role in a rapidly expanding technology company specifically focusing on providing support for the industrial and medical x-ray imaging markets? Do you have proven experience in mechanical construction, instrumentation, electromechanical devices and basic electronics? Are you experienced in people management, training and mentoring junior members of staff?
Our client, a rapidly expanding technology business, is looking to recruitment a Laboratory Manager to create and manage the laboratory to support both the technical and commercial activities of the company.
- Close liaison with application and scientific staff to ensure the laboratory maintains capability to meet the needs of the business.
Ensure laboratory equipment is functional and safe:
- Developing and implementing safety procedures.
- Oversight of the equipment checks and administration procedures in line with the QMS.
- Troubleshooting problems with laboratory equipment and carrying and maintenance and/or repairs.
- Acting as the Radiation Protection Supervisor.
- Planning and reporting on laboratory projects.
Designing and constructing experimental apparatus to include;
- Mechanical support structures
- Computer controlled stages and instrumentation
- Electrical and electronic circuit design including trigger circuits and interlocks.
- Direct line management and training of Laboratory Technicians.
The ideal candidate will be educated in Instrumentation, Engineering or similar technical subject. You will have proven experience in mechanical construction, instrumentation, electromechanical devices and basic electronics. The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills with experience within people management.
For more information or to apply, please contact Dawn Alderman on 01423 813520 / 07904660252 or alternatively send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also apply directly through our website www.networkscientificrecruitment.com.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.