Location – Aberdeen
Salary – Up to £35,000 depending on experience
Would you like to work for a rapidly expanding microbiological service company? Do you have experience in Next Generation DNA Sequencing? Are you educated with a life sciences background?
Our client, a successful chemistry and microbiology service company who provides niche services to a wide range of industries, are looking to recruit a Bioinformatician to manage the bioinformatics service delivery of the organisation. With a recent investment in the acquisition of Illumina MiSEQ, the appointed individual will be responsible for the development and operation of the Next Generation Sequencing facility for both internal and external projects.
Key responsibilities and competencies include:
- Ensuring all analyses are undertaken efficiently and to the satisfaction of customers
- Delivery of planned sales and profit targets
- The research, integration and development of new bioinformatics applications on the basis of feedback from internal and external customers
- To interface with customers, prospective customers and business partners to assess their scientific and bioinformatics requirements
- Keeping up to date with latest bioinformatics technologies to identify new opportunities
- Promotion of the business’ Bioinformatics Services
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and influencing skills, alongside effective presentation skills. Formal qualifications in a life science/business discipline is essential for this role. Having self-confidence to present to new and existing senior customers and having strong PC and mobile skills is preferred but not essential, other languages would be highly advantageous. The ideal person will be target driven and highly focussed on the achievements of financial targets.
For more information or to apply, please contact Zara Jackson on 01423 813520 or alternatively send your CV along with a cover letter, including your salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work within the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.