Analytical Chemist – Food and Nutrition
Location – North Yorkshire
Salary – Dependant on Experience + Benefits
Would you like to work with a leading, global business? Do you have previous experience of food nutrition and contaminant testing? Do you have a positive attitude and can contribute to a cohesive team environment?
Our client, a leading multinational business that services the food, adult nutrition (including dietary supplements/vitamins) and child nutrition market, is currently seeking to hire an Analytical Chemist to support their existing team. Primary responsibilities will include the routine analysis of nutritional products in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Conducting routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, and regulatory guidelines
- Assist with, and perform, method optimisation, validation and transfers in compliance with applicable methods for a variety of matrices
- Planning workload, compiling documentation and maintaining records
- Use and perform troubleshooting of laboratory equipment/software appropriate for assigned tasks
- To provide input and participate in project meetings
- To perform peer review and QC data reviews, in addition to data analysis
- Leading process improvement initiatives
- Training, directing and assisting less experienced staff
- Attending and participating in client visits or calls as needed
- Performing other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a relevant scientific subject, as well as proven experience in a similar role. Experience using HPLC and GC would be highly advantageous.
The position will require occasional weekend work, and may require the ability to operate under a shift pattern.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary alongside a good knowledge of MS Office, including word and excel spreadsheets. Candidates should have the ability to interpret numerical information and analyse data.
For more information or to apply, please contact James Watts on 01423 813520 or alternatively send your CV to email@example.com.