Analyst - Microscopy
Location - Gloucestershire
Salary – Negotiable dependent on experience
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity within the food testing industry? Do you want to be a part of a rapidly expanding industry-leading company? Are you educated to degree level with excellent knowledge of scientific instrumentation?
Our client, a rapidly expanding food testing laboratory, is looking to recruit an Analyst specialising in Microscopy to join our client in Gloucestershire.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure all records of results are neat and kept in an orderly fashion.
- To work well within the management system.
- Preparing technical reports on foreign body identification and other samples for clients.
- X-ray microanalysis and FT-IR analysis.
- Food packaging and food structure using light and scanning electron microscopy.
- Undertake microscopic investigations of glass fragments and other foreign bodies.
- Ensuring you work with a safe manner in accordance with the department policies.
The ideal candidates will have the ability to work on their own or as part of a small team while working well under pressure. Being good with general scientific equipment is advantageous and specific microscopy experience would be a distinctive advantage. You will have an investigative, problem-solving mind and be able to follow detailed procedures and written methods in the laboratory. Being able to make judgements of compliance to QC requirements is essential.
For more information or to apply, please contact Steve Evans on 07951 670097 or alternatively send your CV along with a cover letter, including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work within the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency.